SARS-COV-2’s LIPIDIC BILAYER
- Tozzi A. 2020. SARS-Cov-2 virions produced in human hosts of different ages may display phenotypical differences (electronic response to: Argenziano MG, Bruce SL, Slater CL, Tiao JR, Baldwin MR. Characterization and clinical course of 1000 patients with coronavirus disease 2019 in New York: retrospective case series. BMJ 2020;369:m1996).
- Tozzi A. 2020. S protein tilting & lipid bilayer (electronic response to: Ke Z, Oton J, Qu K, Cortese M, Zila V, McKeane L, et al. 2020. Structures and distributions of SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins on intact virions. Nature).
- Tozzi A. 2020. The underrated role of the host's lipid bilayer (electronic response to: Wolff G, Limpens RWAL, Zevenhoven-Dobbe JC, Laugks U, Zheng S, et al. 2020. A molecular pore spans the double membrane of the coronavirus replication organelle. Science: eabd3629. DOI: 10.1126/science.abd3629).
VIRAL LOAD AND AGGREGATES
- Tozzi A. 2020. Mild COVID-19 symptoms and low viral load: a form of mithridatization? (electronic response to: Berger ZD, Evans NG, Phelan AL, Silverman RD. 2020. Covid-19: control measures must be equitable and inclusive. BMJ. 2020 Mar 20;368:m1141. doi: 10.1136/bmj.m1141).
- Tozzi A, Peters JF, Annesi-Maesano I, D'Amato G. 2020. Collective Clustering Dynamics of SARS-COV-2 Particles. Preprints. Doi: 10.20944/preprints202004.0296.v1.
- Tozzi, A.; Peters, J.F.; Annesi-Maesano, I.; D'Amato, G. 2020. The Social Life of SARS-Cov-2 With Therapeutic Implications (electronic response to: Sanders JM, Monogue ML, Jodlowski TZ, Cutrell JB. 2020. Pharmacologic Treatments for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) –A review. JAMA, doi:10.1001/jama.2020.6019).
DO MANDATORY VACCINES PROTECT CHILDREN FROM COVID-19?
- Tozzi A, D’Amato G. 2020. Cross-reactivity between COVID-19 and childhood vaccines? (electronic response to: del Rio C; Malani PN. 2020. 2019 Novel Coronavirus—Important Information for Clinicians. JAMA. Published online February 5, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.1490; Xu X-W, Wu X-X, Jiang X-G, Xu K-J, Ying L-J, et al. 2020. Clinical findings in a group of patients infected with the 2019 novel coronavirus (SARS-Cov-2) outside of Wuhan, China: retrospective case series. BMJ 2020; 368 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m606; Bi Q, Wu Y, Mei S, Ye C, Zou X. 2020. Epidemiology and Transmission of COVID-19 in Shenzhen China: Analysis of 391 cases and 1,286 of their close contacts. medRxiv, doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.03.20028423).
- Tozzi A, D’Amato G, Guarino A. 2020. Towards cross-reaction between SARS-CoV-2 and childhood vaccines? (electronic response to: Kupferschmidt K, Cohen J. 2020. Can China's COVID-19 strategy work elsewhere? Science, 367(6482): 1061-1062. DOI: 10.1126/science.367.6482.1061).
- Tozzi A. 2020a. Measles vaccine: protective against COVID-19? (electronic response to: Mina MJ, Kula T, Leng Y, Li M, de Vries RD, et al. 2019. Measles virus infection diminishes preexisting antibodies that offer protection from other pathogens. Science, Vol. 366, Issue 6465, pp. 599-606. DOI: 10.1126/science.aay6485). Tozzi A. 2020. COVID-19 and Kawasaki: a problematic correlation (electronic response to: Mahase E. Covid-19: Cases of inflammatory syndrome in children surge after urgent alert. BMJ 2020; 369 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m1990).
- Mitroi-Symeonidis FC, Anghel I, Tozzi A. 2020. Preventing a COVID-19 pandemic flashover (electronic response to: Day M. 2020. Covid-19: identifying and isolating asymptomatic people helped eliminate virus in Italian village. BMJ. 2020 Mar 23;368:m1165. doi: 10.1136/bmj.m1165).
- Tozzi A. 2020. Mild COVID-19 Cases: Who Might Be Hospitalized And Who Can Be Quarantined? (electronic response to: Grasselli G, Pesenti A, Cecconi M. 2020. Critical Care Utilization for the COVID-19 Outbreak in Lombardy, Italy Early Experience and Forecast During an Emergency Response. JAMA. Published online March 13, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.4031).
- Quote as: Tozzi A, D’Amato G, Guarino A. 2020. Rectal swabs for COVID-19 diagnosis (electronic response to: Vetter P, Vu DL, L’Huillier AG, Schibler M, Kaiser L, Jacquerioz F. 2020. Clinical features of covid-19. BMJ 2020; 369 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m1470).
- Tozzi A. 2020. COVID-19 Post-Mortem Findings (electronic response to: Schaller T, Hirschbüh K, Burkhardt K, Braun G, Trepel M, et al. 2020. Postmortem Examination of Patients With COVID-19. JAMA, doi:10.1001/jama.2020.8907).
- Tozzi A. 2020. Thrombosis and COVID-19: one journal against another (electronic response to: Wise J. 2020. Covid-19 and thrombosis: what do we know about the risks and treatment? BMJ 2020; 369 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m2058).
SARS-COV-2 AND SKIN LESIONS
- Tozzi A. 2020. A deluge of disinfectants and skin lesions during covid-19 pandemics. (Electronic response to: Madigan LM, Micheletti RG, Shinkai K. 2020. How Dermatologists Can Learn and Contribute at the Leading Edge of the COVID-19 Global Pandemic. JAMA Dermatol. 2020;156(7):733-734. doi:10.1001/jamadermatol.2020.1438).
- Tozzi A. 2020. Covid-19 and Kawasaki: a problematic correlation. (Electronic response to: Mahase E. 2020. Covid-19: Cases of inflammatory syndrome in children surge after urgent alert. BMJ 2020; 369 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m1990).
NOVEL THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES
- Tozzi A. 2020. Dewetting Antibodies Against Viroporins Might Contribute to Decrease spread (electronic response to: Munster VJ, Koopmans M, van Doremalen N, van Riel D, de Wit E. 2020. A Novel Coronavirus Emerging in China — Key Questions for Impact Assessment N Engl J Med 2020; 382:692-694. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp2000929).
- Tozzi A. 2020. Healthy children’s blood for treating COVID-19? (electronic response to: Li Q, Guan X, Wu P, Wang X, Zhou L, et al. 2020. Early Transmission Dynamics in Wuhan, China, of Novel Coronavirus-Infected Pneumonia. N Engl J Med. 2020 Mar 26;382(13):1199-1207. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2001316).
- Tozzi A. 2020. Endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment: a novel target for SARS-Cov-2 therapies? https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m1252/rr-2 (electronic response to: Mahase E. 2020. Covid-19: what treatments are being investigated? BMJ. 2020 Mar 26;368:m1252. doi: 10.1136/bmj.m1252).
- Tozzi A, D’Amato G. 2020. SARS-CoV-2 viroporin: a behind the scenes therapeutic target (electronic response to: Mahase E. 2020. Covid-19: Remdesivir is helpful but not a wonder drug, say researchers. BMJ 2020;369:m1798).